Sunday, August 30, 2009

Joseph's Mission

Just a little update on our son Joseph who is serving a full time mission for our church in the Denver North Mission. He reports that he is doing well and that he loves his mission. It is hard to believe that he has been gone nearly 11 months now--the time seems to fly by (for everyone except his mother)!

Here is a quote from one of his last letters. "So here's the deal--- I've never been happier in my life. I am beyond words to describe how grateful I am for my incredible family. I hope you all have a fantastic week! I'm sure that you do already but it would be amazing if we could get some special prayers for our investigators."

He sent this picture in July. Can you tell that he is NOT a country boy? I expect that by the time he gets home, he will be "a little bit country". Needless to say we are proud of him and his willingness to serve the Savior and the people of Colorado with such determination and enthusiasm!

6 comments:

It's a King Thing...You Wouldn't Understand said...

I love that picture. I don't think it's a coincidence that he seems to have a bright light shining from him. It's visible inside and out. I am so happy for him and for you as his parents! This is such an amazing thing to take part in. Every e-mail I have read from him has been incredible and it's great to hear that he's doing so wonderfully!

Aston said...

Ohhh, he's soooo cute! I know it seems like it's forever until you get to be with him again but wow this sure is flying by for us. I can't believe it has been almost a year. He is a wonderful example for our family. We are so proud of him.

Jessica said...

what a great pic! i am so glad to hear he is doing amazingly well. i actually owe him a letter so that will be on it's way soon :) love and miss you guys! <3

April Hunsaker said...

I have such mixed feelings seeing pics of Joe. I miss him so much, but I know he's where he is supposed to be!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

So happy you guys posted an update on Joe. I miss him & his amazing personality! I'm sure he's blessing many lives by serving in Colorado. Can't believe its already been 11 months?!

Kelli said...

Has it really only been 11 months? I thought for sure he was almost done...I'm so proud of him! =]